Wednesday, June 8, 2011

When You Have Lost Someone Special

Hi Everyone,

Last week a bride asked this question. My fiancé and I have both lost Someone we loved. How can we include them in our wedding...

My condolences to all of you who have lost someone dear. I was very fortunate to have my grandmother, AKA my fairy godmother with me the day of my wedding. She has since passed. Its funny that as I write this… I can’t help thinking about her favourite flower or how she loved rings.



There are some very nice ways you could include your loved one on your wedding day. The simplest would be to have your minister or priest say a few words during the ceremony.

You could also purchase a glass vase and have it engraved with the names of those you have lost. Place their Favourite flowers or a floating candle inside. Keep it lit during the ceremony or reception.




At your reception display cherished pictures of them with a card saying In loving memory of or fondest memories of… by your guest book.



Another suggestion would be to leave a seat open at your ceremony and place a white rose across it.


Tie a small picture frame to your bridal bouquet. If you have lost your mother or grandmother this is a nice way to keep them close to you on your wedding day.



My hope is that even though you are grieving; take comfort knowing that they are with you in spirit.

Till Next Time
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment