Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Centrepieces For Your Wedding

Spring Inspiration is all around us in the beauty of nature. Just looking outside I can see all the plants and flowers starting to peek out of the ground. I just love my flower garden and can't wait to see what will bloom from last year.

On the Easter weekend I was shopping for flowers for my mom when I came across some beautiful potted tulips, daffodils and hydrangeas. The potted flowers were placed in a container and wrapped in colored paper. I ended up buying a blue hydrangea plant and purple tulips. The flowers were for my mom, but when I got home I didn't want to leave them wrapped up, so I used the purple tulips as an Easter centrepiece when my parents came to dinner. Afterwards my mom was able to take them home. The table looked so beautiful I can't believe I forgot to take a picture!



I thought that these potted flowers would make beautiful arrangements for a spring wedding reception and a nice take home gift for one lucky guest. What's really special about this idea is that your guest will always have a flower from your wedding that will grow back every year in their flower garden. I think this is so sweet.

I also saw these very small orchids that would be perfect as wedding favours. If you can find a calla lily that is small enough to fit a very small pot it would be even better because it can be planted in our climate unlike the orchid. A few years ago I planted a small dark pink calla lily in my flowerbed and it grew back the following year white. It was a nice surprise.



If you are getting married in April or May keep an eye out for potted flowers. You would probably be able to find beautiful combinations as well, and arrange them yourself in a basket or decorated pot. You could even hand paint the pots with the table number or have different flowers at each table and name the table after the flower. This kind of centrepiece can be very simple and inexpensive or extravagant depending on your budget and your theme. What a wonderful way to bring the miracle of nature and make it a part of your wedding celebration.

Photos by Coordination Wedrose

Till Next Time
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment